Rewards Program Terms and Conditions
- Introduction: Zone One Energy LLC (‘Zone1Energy’) is proud to offer a Rewards Program (‘Program’) that provides cash payments to both the individual who makes a referral (Referrer), and the new customer that they refer to Zone1Energy.
- Payment Amounts:When an account whose average monthly usage is at least 700 kWhs is signed up as a result of a referral, then Zone1Energy will pay $25 to both the owner of the account that is enrolled, as well as to the Referrer.
- Timing of Payments:Payments will paid by the 15th of the month immediately following the month in which the account signed up and was accepted by the utility.
- Account Cancellation: If an account terminates its enrollment before completing three consecutive billing cycles with Zone1, then the full rewards payment amount associated with this account will be deducted from future payments for which the existing customer may be eligible. This amount is the sum of both the payment made to the new customer as well as to the Referrer.
- Credit for Enrollment: There are two ways that a Referrer can reach out to potential enrollees and ensure credit for the enrollments:
If an enrollment is not made using one of the above referenced processes, then neither the Referrer nor the new customer will get paid for the referral.
- The Referrer can provide potential enrollees with a custom link that will take them to an enrollment page that is associated with the referrer
- The Referrer can provide potential enrollees with their unique Referral Code which would be entered as part of the enrollment process
- Program Modification or Cancellation: Zone1Energy reserves the right to modify or cancel this Program at any time and for any reason based on its sole discretion. Any reward payments that are earned prior to such modifications or cancellation will still be processed based upon the structure of the Program that was in place when the associated account enrollments occurred.
- Account Rejection: Zone1Energy reserves the right to reject any account enrollment for any reason, and in the case of such rejection, no reward payments will be made for that account.
- Multiple Account Enrollments: An account is only eligible to receive rewards payments once, such that if it is first enrolled, and then cancelled and then enrolled again, no rewards payment will be made for the subsequent enrollment. This restriction applies even if a different Referrer makes the subsequent referral. In such cases where an account is not eligible for reward payments, then the account will be enrolled, and Referrer, and the new customer, will both be advised that there will be no reward payments processed for the enrollment because the account already received reward payments.
- Taxes: Referrers who receive reward payments are responsible for remitting taxes on these earnings as applicable by law. Depending on the amount of cumulative reward payments made, Zone1Energy may require that a customer submit a fully executed W-9 form. Zone1Energy may withhold payments from a Referrer until a fully executed W-9 form is received.
- Governing Law: This Program shall be construed under and shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York
Zone1Energy LLC reserves the right to modify the terms of the Rewards Program at any time.